Monday, February 26, 2007

Al Gore's Documentary on Global Warming Wins Oscar for Best Film

Yay! Al Gore's movie An Inconvenient Truth won the Oscar for best documentary. If there's still anyone who thinks global warming is a myth, this honor will hopefully motivate them to take a second look.

There were rumors that Gore would announce his candidacy for president, and that was the subject of a joke Gore made on stage.

Laurie David, the wife of Curb Your Enthusiasm's Larry David, is an activist to stop global warming and the co-producer of Gore's film.

After the Oscars, a reporter interviewed Laurie, whose husband stood alongside her looking bored.

Reporter (to Larry): How many times have you seen the movie?

Larry (deadpan): I've seen it 14 times. She drags me everywhere. I can't stand that movie.

(Laurie laughed)

Reporter asked them who they're looking forward to seeing at the after-Oscar parties.

Laurie: Oh, that's an interesting question. (to Larry) Who are we looking forward to seeing?
(Laurie continued) We're looking forward to seeing our friends. Oh, Sheryl Crow. She and I are going on a bus tour together.

Reporter (to Larry): Are you going too?

Larry: She drags me everywhere.

Laurie (smiling): I'm dragging this marriage to the edge. I bring him everywhere with me.

No comments: